Because we are #EssentialNotDeportable
Because we demand #CitizenshipForAll
Black, Brown and Immigrant voters chose a new vision for our country: one where all are welcomed, no matter our race, religion or place of birth. We came together in the face of hate to build a multi-generational and multicultural coalition to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris who now must follow through on their promises. We delivered. Now, they must deliver, too.
Right now, the most powerful action we can take is calling on our Wisconsin democratic delegation to ensure that they will stand with us as champions for immigrant rights and promise to vote to include a pathway to citizenship for immigrant essential workers, Dreamers, TPS holders and their families in the forthcoming COVID-19 reconciliation bill. Congress Democrats can pass this bill all on their own, without bi-partisanship support, which means that NOW is the time to ensure that our Wisconsin democratic representatives will stand with us!
- Feb 13-Feb 21: first congressional recess
- Month of March: push to legalize essential workers
- March 27 – April 12: second congressional recess
- May 1st: end of Biden’s first 100 days and May Day! (National Day of Action)
TAKE ACTION: The #WeAreHome Lobbying Toolkit
Below is a lobbying toolkit, outlining ways you can help demand the legalization of immigrant essential workers is included in the forthcoming COVID-19 reconciliation bills.
- Phone bank scripts you can use to target your local Democratic representatives in Wisconsin.
- Bills related to this campaign, as well as a brief overview of the COVID-19 reconciliation bill process and relevant Executive Orders that have passed so far.
- Congressional lobbying 101 factsheet.
- Bilingual one-pager with topline messaging for the #WeAreHome campaign
- Here find graphics and factsheets related to this campaign. Feel free to download these and share them with family and friends, and on your personal social media accounts!