Join Wisconsin Immigrant Essential Workers on a historic 9-day march from Milwaukee to Madison to pressure the Biden Administration and Democrats in Congress to include citizenship for 11 million in the infrastructure and jobs budget bill that will be voted on this summer.
This is a critical moment of national escalation in the struggle, and when Democratic Members of Congress need to hear from us in Wisconsin!
Commit to a day or more, as we kick off the march in Milwaukee on Sunday, June 20th to honor immigrant fathers (Father’s Day) and build towards a final mass march and rally at the State Capitol in Madison on Monday, June 28.
NOW is the time to achieve citizenship for essential workers, their families, and the 11 million undocumented. Here is how you can get involved:
- Support our nine-day march from Milwaukee to Madison led by immigrant essential workers. RSVP to an event on Facebook here. Download a flier to print out and or share on social media here.
View the statewide bus schedule here
Sign up to volunteer to help ahead of / day of the 28th here
- Donate to the cause. Support this historic and critical march to raise awareness for driver licenses and citizenship for all through a grassroots donation by clicking here!
- Join us on Monday, June 28 at the Wisconsin State Capitol for a statewide rally in support of immigrants. Buses will be available in your local area. Sign up here. RSVP and share the event on Facebook here. Download a flier to use for social media or to print out here.
- Call U.S. Senators Tammy Baldwin and your local Representative and pressure them to support including citizenship in the second pandemic relief bill. Click here to find your local representative.
- Use social media. Spread awareness for the campaign and support the theme “Hijos de los Esenciales/Children of the Essentials” with a selfie of your children or family share it with the hashtag #SomosEsenciales or #WeAreEssential. You can also make a homemade sign for your children that says “Hijos de los Esenciales” or “Children of the Essentials”. Make sure to tag us and share with us! We’ll be giving out FREE family passes to Wisconsin Dells for those you post and share!
Post the photo or video to social media. Use one of these two scripts:
a. If you are an essential worker: “I am an Essential Worker who supports @VocesDeLaFronteraWI and is committed to fight for citizenship for all! Join Voces and other essential workers for a statewide rally and march in Madison on Monday, June 28th to pressure Biden and Congress to pass citizenship for all because #WeAreEssential! See event details at: bit.ly/VDLFCitizenship4All”.
b. If you are an immigrant rights supporter: “I stand with @VocesDeLaFronteraWI and am committed to fight for citizenship for all! Join Voces and other essential workers for a statewide rally and march in Madison on Monday, June 28th to pressure Biden and Congress to pass citizenship for all because #WeAreEssential! See event details at: bit.ly/VDLFCitizenship4All”.
- Join our movement. Voces de la Frontera, along with Voces de la Frontera Action, is Wisconsin’s largest grassroots latinx movement. Join us and become a member by clicking here. Members get access to exclusive communications and alerts, discounts on services, and more! There are individual, family and student rates.
- Join the network. If you are an immigrant essential worker, join the VDLF Essential Workers Rights Network. Please reach out to Mario Ramirez: 414-828-2962.