Voces de la Frontera and Voces de la Frontera Action is now hiring for:
Development & Operations (D & O) Administrative Assistant (Full-time) and Madison Organizer (Full-time)
Please apply before October 21 (Administrative Assistant), and October 25 (Madison Organizer).
Voces de la Frontera is a national leader in the movement for immigrant and worker rights and the largest grassroots Latinx membership organization in Wisconsin. Led by low-wage immigrant workers and students, Voces works to protect and expand civil rights and workers’ rights through leadership development, community organizing, and collective empowerment. Voces de la Frontera has chapters in Milwaukee, Racine, Madison, Green Bay/Fox Cities, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Waukesha, Walworth County, Kenosha, and West Bend. Voces’ student arm is called Youth Empowered in the Struggle.
See descriptions below:
Development & Operations (D & O) Administrative Assistant (Full-time)
This role is responsible for administrative support for fundraising and operations efforts. This is a new role for the organization so it will require an individual who is open and adapt to change and open to help create the future direction of the position.
This position is accountable to the Operations Director (OD) and the Development Director (DD) and will report to and receive support from the OD and DD on a regular basis.
Fund Development related:
- Work with DD and volunteers to execute timely donor data entry and donor acknowledgments
- Work with DD and Communications Director to produce regular and timely communications to donors and members
- Assist DD in building and executing a donor stewardship program, including a concerted monthly sustainer donor program
- Assist DD in major fundraising campaigns of the year (such as Gala, May Day, end of year giving, annual meeting, etc)
- Assist DD with grant applications and reports as needed
- Maintain records of grants in hard copies and in computer databases
- Track and manage accounts payable and receivable, staff expenditures and reimbursements
- Timesheet tracking and payroll reporting
- Track needs of supplies and technology at Voces offices including Milwaukee, Green Bay, Racine, Waukesha and Madison
- Support OD tracking and recording monetary deposits for our c3 and c4
- Support OD with new staff onboarding, staff evaluations & work plans
- Support OD in compliance, including tracking campaign expenditures and lobbying hours under our Voces de la Frontera Action arm
- Assist both DD and OD with engaging board of directors in fundraising and financial reporting
- Data entry to organizational databases including QuickBooks and internal member database
- Attend and support major Voces de la Frontera events and campaign actions
- Associates degree in a related field with work experience
- 1-2 years in business bookkeeping or accounting
- 1-2 years in individual donor stewardship and/or sustainable donor fundraising a plus
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and self-motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management databases preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Commitment to working in a fast-paced environment and quick to adapt to change
- Commitment to supporting the work of immigrant rights and social justice initiatives
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Generous health insurance plan: Health, vision, dental and life insurance. Health insurance coverage applies to employee and dependents
- Company phone OR reimbursement to personal phone if willing to utilize it for work purposes, in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook
- Paid-time off includes: 80 hours vacation, 16 hours personal time, 40 hours sick leave, 3 days bereavement and paid holidays all in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook
- Salary: $40,000/annually plus benefits
Reports to: Director of Operations
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, 2 references, and a writing sample of 3 pages or less to Natalia Espina, Operations Director, at email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 21, 2019.
- Identify, recruit, train, mentor and motivate Madison Voces members to engage and participate in the organization goals, visions and campaign work as well as bring in other leaders
- Planning and coordination of monthly membership meetings
- Organize committee members to meet goals for recruitment and outreach protocol
- Hold trainings and workshops including but not limited to: Know your civil rights, voting rights, court accompaniment trainings, rapid response, and leadership development trainings
- Support local fundraising team and other Voces staff in fundraising efforts for Madison chapters
- Attend weekly staff meetings (mandatory in person)
- Send regular communications to all Madison members of upcoming events and update local social media outlets
- Regular data entry for tracking of membership activities and goals
- Ensure civic engagement that include issue-based organizing, elections and accountability for policy changes we seek
- Experience working for social justice as an organizer and a basic knowledge of community organizing skills (story of self, one on one, power analysis, understanding self-interest, and how to run a meeting)
- Experience or background which demonstrates capabilities in organizing, political action, leadership identification and development, and motivating people to take action
- Can think and act organizationally- prove loyalty to the organization and will not promote other projects while on Voces time
- Ability and stamina to work irregular and long hours and to attend weekend and evening activities
- Has respect for and can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds including immigrants from various countries, and LGBTQ folks
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Experience with digital organizing a plus
- Experience with immigrant rights organizing preferred
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be willing to travel with frequency
- Must have reliable vehicle, car insurance and valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other basic computer programs
- Health Insurance: Health, vision, dental and life insurance. Health insurance coverage applies to employee and dependents. Eligible after 90 day probationary period.
- Company phone OR reimbursement to personal phone if willing to utilize it for work purposes, in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook.
- Paid-time off includes: 80 hours vacation, 16 hours personal time, 40 hours sick time, 24 hours bereavement and paid holidays all in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook. Eligible after 90 day probationary period.
Salary: $35,000/annually with benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Natalia Espina, Operations Director – firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please. Deadline to apply is October 25th, 2019.
Voces de la Frontera is an affirmative action employer. Voces believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any matters on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender identity and presentation, religion or spirituality, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, marital status, pregnancy or parental status.
Volunteers are always welcome! Call our office for volunteer opportunities.
1027 S. 5th Street Milwaukee, WI 53204 | Ph: 414.634.1620 | www.vdlf.org