Voces de la Frontera is now hiring multiple full and limited-term positions for:
- Development Director (full-time)
Positions Are Open Until Filled. If Posted We Are Still Hiring.
Voces de la Frontera is a national leader in the movement for immigrant and worker rights and the largest grassroots Latinx membership organization in Wisconsin. Led by low-wage immigrant workers and students, Voces works to protect and expand civil rights and workthrough leadership development, community organizing, and collective empowerment. Voces de la Frontera has ten statewide chapters. Voces’ student arm is called Youth Empowered in the Struggle.
See descriptions below:
Development Director (full-time)
Nature of Work: The role of the Development Director (DD) is to develop and implement a strategic plan in collaboration with key staff and stakeholders to raise and grow vital funds to fulfill Voces de la Frontera and Voces de la Frontera Action’s mission to protect and expand the rights of low-wage workers, immigrants, and their families. The two primary responsibilities are to oversee and grow our individual donor sustaining membership base, and organize major fundraising events. The DD is accountable to the Executive Director (ED) and reports to the ED and board on a regular basis. The DD has an outreach role in the organization in developing and maintaining an ongoing relationship with major donors.
Note: This position will include work for both Voces de la Frontera and our 501(c)4 sister organization Voces de la Frontera Action, as part of our efforts to support pro-immigrant legislation and electoral candidates and raise up the Latinx and youth vote.
- The primary responsibility of the DD is to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan with new prospects, existing funding sources, fundraising activities and events
- Work with Grants Director to develop and track grant proposals and reports for all foundation, union and business fundraising
- Grow sustaining membership base
- Support fundraising for capital campaign
- Occasionally represent organization at major funder events
- Research and build relationships with prospective individual and foundation funders
- Coordinate individual giving efforts including online, direct mail, Community Shares/United Way and major donors
- Oversee organization of major fundraising events, including annual gala, May Day, end of year giving and day-of-giving events
- Engage, train, and support staff and board in fundraising efforts
- Oversee weekly review of proper coding for contributions, database entry, and timely thank you letters
- Work in coordination with Operations Director to implement and execute cross-department structures and systems for fundraising, tracking, and reporting. Assist in aspects of audit and compliance related to fundraising in both the 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4)
- BA or BS in related field ideal, but not required
- Experience in social justice, issue-based organizing and strong commitment to Voces’ mission with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with full range of fund development duties, including individual donor campaigns, grant writing, budgetary knowledge and member-to-member campaigns
- Strong technological skills and familiarity with databases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and self-initiate
- Experience working in a bilingual/bicultural environment
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred, but not required
- Health Insurance: Health, vision, dental and life insurance. Health insurance coverage applies to employee and dependents. Eligible after 90-day probationary period
- Value of insurance and benefits is equal to approximately $5,000-$10,000
- Company phone OR reimbursement to personal phone if willing to utilize it for work purposes, in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook
- Paid-time off includes: 80 hours vacation, 16 hours personal time, 24 hours bereavement and paid holidays all in accordance with the Voces de la Frontera employee policy handbook. Eligible after 90-day probationary period.
Salary: $55,000-$60,000 based on experience
To apply submit: Cover letter, resume and a 1-2 page writing sample to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Voces de la Frontera and Voces de la Frontera Action is an affirmative action employer. Voces believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any matters on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender identity and presentation, religion or spirituality, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, marital status, pregnancy or parental status.
Volunteers are always welcome! Call our office for volunteer opportunities.
1027 S. 5th Street Milwaukee, WI 53204 | Ph: 414.634.1620 | www.vdlf.org
This post is also available in: Spanish