Labor Union Resolution
Statewide organizational sign-on letter
- Safe Roads Forums Build New Awareness and Alliances (11/24/10)
Over the month of October, Voces de la Frontera and the Coalition for Safe Roads organized five forums around Wisconsin to educate the public about the impact that restricting driver’s licenses from immigrants has had on our state, and to explore how restoring access to a limited purpose driver’s license, or “driver card,” would benefit all Wisconsin residents.
- Coalition for Safe Roads (10/21/10)
Safe Roads, Safe Communities: Drivers Licenses for Immigrants in Wisconsin
- New Auto Insurance Law in Wisconsin (6/18/10)
What Wisconsin drivers need to know about the new mandatory auto insurance law that took effect on June 1, 2010.
- Tim Carpenter's Community Meeting (6/18/10)
Voces de la Frontera confronted Senator Carpenter regarding his position and vote at the Senate against granting Driver's Cards to undocumented immigrants.
- URGENT UPDATE ON DRIVER CARD: SUPPORT NEEDED (1/26/10)
Rep. Pedro Colón has introduced legislation to create a Driver Card and NOW WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- Carpenter: 1,500 signatures collected (11/20/09)
In regard to the campaign for drive's cards and access to auto insurance in our state, Voces collected 1,500 signatures from voters in Senator Carpenter's district with little effort.
- Fake IDs Use False Advertising (9/1/09)
Immigration rights advocates in the Appleton and Green Bay areas are working to oppose national and local organizations which are selling mail order and locally produced IDs to immigrants.
- Over 500 People Protest Senator Carpenter for Removing Driver's Card from Budget (7/14/09)
- Video - press conference for drivers cards and in-state tuition (6/29/09)
- Wisconsin Coalition for Safe Roads: Why Driving Cards Make Sense (5/29/09)
- Wisconsin Coalition for Safe Roads renews campaign for driver's licenses (4/17/09)
In the wake of the November 2008 elections, members of the Coalition for Safe Roads reconvened at a meeting on January 13, 2009 with the goal of introducing language in the Governor’s budget that would allow for the drivers’ license certificate option.
- License scam challenged in Whitewater and Waukesha (10/20/08)
Sigma America organized a meeting on September 25, 2008, in Whitewater, Wisconsin to challenge the false information.
- Credenciales USA fraud victims speak out (10/9/08)
“I feel very, very upset. I feel defrauded, tricked for an item that was worthless.”
- I.D. and License scam: You can help stop it (8/22/08)
Voces de la Frontera is encouraging more people to come forward and help bring the rip-off to an end.
- I.D. and license scam opposed (6/10/08)
Community groups, consulate and banks unite against rip-off
- License scammers move in (4/9/08)
Local scammers have been quick to try and take advantage of people who have lost out under the new law
- Driver's license take away: One Year Later (4/9/08)
When safety lost out to immigrant-bashing
- Drivers License Campaign 2005 (5/29/07)
Through 2005, Voces de la Frontera led a strong campaign against the passage of Assembly Bill 69 which threatened to make Wisconsin's roads less safe by taking away Driver's licenses from the undocumented.
Myths & Facts
Myth: The U.S. is being overrun with immigrants.
Fact: The number of undocumented migrants coming to the U.S. each year is approximately 300,000 according government figures - equivalent to an increases of one tenth of one percent in the populaton.
Get more of the facts >>
- The Time Is Now:
- A powerful message to Congress
- Workers file new charges as legislators demand accountability at Palermo's: